Job opportunity at the Open Preservation Foundation: DevOps Engineer
The Open Preservation Foundation (OPF) is looking for an experienced, motivated and technically versatile DevOps Engineer to join our team in a new role. This is an exciting opportunity to work with leading libraries, archives, universities, research organisations and vendors across the world.
The DevOps Engineers’ role is:
- To manage online OPF servers and services, e.g. OPF website and the OPF’s Jenkins server.
- To manage the testing, packaging and release of OPF software products including veraPDF and JHOVE.
- To carry out software development for OPF software products and external project requirements.
- To streamline and develop OPF’s automated sysadmin and continuous delivery processes.
- To produce and maintain accurate and concise documentation for software and processes as required.
Please email your CV and letter of application to Becky McGuinness (becky [at] openpreservation [dot] org) explaining how you meet each of the required skills and experience in the job description. We also welcome links to your open source contributions (e.g. GitHub) where appropriate.
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK.
We aim to confirm receipt of all applications within 2 working days.
Monday 20 August by 12 noon BST.
First interviews will take place via video conference on w/c 3 September
Second interviews will take place on 12-14 September in Boston Spa, Yorkshire.
If you have any enquiries about the post, please contact becky [at] openpreservation [dot] org.
No agencies please.
By Becky, posted in Becky's Blog